Friday, September 24, 2010

The Other Night part 2

Location: A block from my train station.
Time: After 11pm
Lesson Learned: Remember to pretend your iPod is louder than it really is.

So the other night after dealing with Crazy Bible Guy and doing my volunteer stuff I went home. Walking from my train station to my house when a guy said "good night". So late at night I like to keep my iPod playing fairly low so that I can hear whats going on around me. I some times forget to pretend that I can't hear people over my people.

I responded with a good night of my own and it was the worst thing I had done that night. So here's a bit of the conversation (I didn't get to say much):

Guy: Hey you're American, I can tell by your accent. Your pretty.
Me: Thanks.
Guy: Don't thank me thank God I didn't do nothin. I'm an Apache, I don't speak the white mans language, They brought us here on those little boats and...
Me: (I tuned out trying to get around him but not succeeding.
Guy: I tell my daughter all the time and now I'm telling you, stay in school and get your edumacation. She never worked a day in her life. I've never worked, the government took really good care of me, the government never did anything for me, I worked very hard for all my stuff. I was a veteran, I speak 3 languages, I worked for the FBI, they can't touch me I'm like Kunta Kente. Everything I say is true and come straight from God because he's talking to you through me. If anyone ever bothers you just yell and I'll be right there no matter where you are. Blah, blah, blah.

A lot of what this guy said made less sense than that stuff, he was very drunk and a very closer talker. I have no words for how excited I was when my bus came and I was finally able to get around him and make a run for it. He really was one of the most out there people I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with.

No comments:

Post a Comment